Low Score Site Initiative (LSSI) for Petroleum Sites
· There are approximately 20,000 petroleum contaminate sites eligible for state funded cleanup under the Inland Protection Trust Fund.
· Eligibility for funding of a site for cleanup is based on a ranking/score of the potential for environmental impact to water resources.
· Many sites have been "parked" due to a low priority score awaiting funding for almost 20 years.
· Overtime natural attenuation/cleanup can occur which substantially reduces or eliminates the level of contamination in the soil and/or groundwater at the site.
· The FDEP initiated a program several years ago to assess these low scored sites with a ranking of 29 or less, the Low Score Site Initiative (LSSI) program.
· The DEP has set aside $15 million per year appropriation for the LSSI program.
· Budget for LSSI increased in 2016 to provide additional funds for site assessment and to provide for limited site remediation.
· Program is for sites scored 29 or less which total approximately 8,000 sites.
· Limited to sites with discharges eligible for the Inland Protection Trust Fund petroleum cleanup program.
· The property owner or responsible party can designate a cleanup contractor of their choice provided the contractor is on the states approved list.
Benefits of Participating in LSSI Program
· Site owner can select contractor rather than FDEP selecting contractor.
· Obtain a Site Rehabilitation Order (letter from the state that documents that your site is clean).
· Obtain a Phase II Environmental Site assessment that can be used for lending and selling purposes.
· If an SRO is not possible will have knowledge of extent and level of contamination and still in cleanup program awaiting cleanup.
Our Experience in Site Assessment and Cleanup
· Involved in petroleum cleanup program since inception in 1983.
· Managed hundreds of sites in the petroleum cleanup program.
· FDEP approved Contractor Number 442.
· Many of our LSSI sites have received an SCRO.
· Work with site owner to minimize disruption to existing businesses.
· LSSI Sites include Fast food restaurants, convenience stores, marinas, gasoline stations, condominiums, golf courses, beauty salons, and other commercial sites.
EXAMPLE PHOTOGRAPHS OF LSSI SITE INVESTIGATIONS